HOW TO REGISTER FOR KENT YOUTH HOCKEY
(1) All skaters must register with USA Hockey. The USA Hockey registration fee is $40.00 and the affiliate fee for youth players is $7.50. Please visit http://www.usahockeyregistration.com/. Once registration is completed, print your confirmation page and email a copy to email@example.com. ***See below for detailed instructions.
(2) On the KYH website, go to the “Register Online” tab, follow the instructions and register each child.
(3) Visit our "Documents" section, you must complete and read forms 1 - 5.
(4) Completed paperwork including a copy of the USA Hockey registration form and a copy of your child's birth certificate may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Kent Youth Hockey P.O.Box 726, Kent CT, 06757
(5) Contact Kathy McCann at
with any registration questions.
(6) 2015 - 2016 Fees - Learn to Skate $250.00; Mites $500.00; Squirts $900.00; PeeWees $1,600; Bantams $1,700.
***Guide to USA Hockey Online Registration
The USA Hockey season goes from September 1 through August 31 of each year.
Online registration for the upcoming season will be available starting May 1.
2. Choose member type Ice Player.
3. You must be 18 years of age to process a registration. Check the box that acknowledges that YOU are 18 or older.
4. Select the correct season. USA Hockey will not refund fees if you accidentally register for the current season. You will have to repeat this process and register for the upcoming season.
5. Follow the prompts…fill in all data correctly. You must enter your child's name as it appears on their birth certificate. NO NICKNAMES
6. Process payment – Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express (credit or debit card). A Visa gift card can be used for payment if no credit card is available
7. You may print your Confirmation page at this time. It will also be emailed to you immediately after the registration is completed. Once you receive the confirmation email from USA Hockey, forward it to The Kent Youth Hockey registrar at
USA Hockey Fees:
Each participant will pay the USA Hockey fee of $40 if age 7 or older.
The USA Hockey fee is waived for age 6 and younger but the registration must still be completed to get the confirmation number.
Players who live in CT will also pay the Connecticut Hockey Conference Affiliate fee of $7.50. Those of you who live in New York will pay the NYSHA fee. The USA Hockey Affiliate fee is determined by a player’s residence, not by the state in which they play, and applies to all youth players regardless of age.
The home address should be used for all participants. If a player lives in one state and plays in another, enter the home address and pay any applicable Affiliate fee. The confirmation page/number will be accepted by any USA Hockey program in the country.
Need a computer? Try your local library or school.
An email address is absolutely necessary and required. You may use a friends if need be.